AWP dual safety valves are designed to be used as relief or overflow valves in the refrigerant cycles of industrial refrigeration systems. They are available with safety valves either back pressure dependent or independent to protect the refrigeration systems and their components from excess pressure (see also EN 378 part 2). They comply with AD2000 regulations. After their initial response AWP safety valves open within 10 % of pressure increase up to the designed limitation. They close within a pressure drop of 10 % below the response pressure. The 3-way valve enables easy checks and maintenances of the safety valves without the system’s operation to be interrupted. One of the two outlet nozzles is always open whereas the other one is closed. So one safety valve can be checked or removed while the other one remains in service to protect the system. The compact design of the WVR AL requires minimum space and enables horizontal and vertical assembly. Compared to steel and stainless steel valve types the weight could be reduced by up to 30 % by using salt-water resistant aluminium EN AW-6082 as body material.
- 3-way valves are made of aluminum, safety valves are available in steel or stainless steel
- Selection of body material as per German DIN EN12284, AD2000 Series W
- Working mediums: refrigerants as per EN 378 p. 1, e.g. NH3, R134a, R290 (propane), R507 and blends with refrigerator oil; neutral, gaseous and liquid mediums; glycol-based cold brine
- Installation position: vertical as per AD2000-leaflet A2 and horizontal
- Available valve seat seals (for safety valves):
WVR AL-SVAA / WVR AL-SVUA: PTFE seal, can be used at temperatures of -60 °C to +180 °C, cannot be used for response pressures of less than 10 bar.
WVR AL-SVAB / WVR AL-SVUB: elastomer seal, can be used at temperatures of -50 °C to +110 °C