AWP check valves open autonomously by the pressure which is exerted by the working medium upon the valve disc. They start to open at a differential pressure of 0.01 to 0.05 bar and are fully open between 0.1 and 0.2 bar. As soon as the flow is interrupted or the flow direction is reversed, the valve closes automatically. Additionally, RVAK stop check valves may also be closed manually with a handwheel or a ratchet attached to the lifting stem. Rotating the stem clockwise will keep the valve disc down on the valve seat and therefore keeps the valve closed, counter-clockwise rotation will enable the valve disc to be opened by the pressure of the medium. The cone on the underside of the valve disc allows the medium flow to be regulated. The maximum diameter of the cone corresponds to the valve’s nominal diameter. The built-in damping device makes this type of valve especially suitable in cases where the power requirement / flow rate fluctuates. AWP stop check valves are designed for installation in the refrigerant circulation of industrial refrigeration systems. They are installed on either the pressure or suction side of compressors or in pipes in which only one direction of flow is intended. The spindle sealing is provided by a threaded bush with spring-elastic PTFE ring.
- Available in steel or stainless steel
- Selection of body material as per German DIN EN12284, AD2000 Series W
- Working mediums: refrigerant as per EN 378 p. 1, e. g. NH3, R22, R134a and blends with refrigerator oil; neutral, gaseous and liquid mediums; glycol-based cold brine
- Installation is possible in horizontal and vertical position for upward flow direction
- Optionally available without damping